National Law School of India University, Bangalore invites entries for the 25ᵗʰ Annual H.M. Seervai Essay Competition in Constitutional Law. Participants in this pan-India essay competition stand a chance to win the prestigious H.M. Seervai Gold Medal from NLSIU.
About the competition:
In 1997, Senior Advocate Navroz Seervai instituted a Gold Medal in the name of the distinguished jurist, the late H.M. Seervai, for the best original essay written on the themes specified in Indian Constitutional Law. Over the years, this essay writing competition has become a prestigious event for law students all over India. The significant rise every year in the number of contributions from the student community shows their mark of respect and tribute to one of the greatest legal luminaries of our country, Hormasji Maneckji Seervai.
In 2020, the gold medal was awarded to Spoorthi Cotha, NLS ‘LLB 2020, for her essay on ‘Judicial Review in times of crisis: Exploring Constitutional Obligations in light of Coronavirus.’ Read the winning essay here.
Topic for 2021:
The 50% Reservation Ceiling: Protecting or Hindering Equality?
Students currently enrolled in an LL.B. / B.A., LL.B. / BBA, LL.B./B.Com., LL.B. regular mode programme in any recognised Law School / College / University in India may make a submission.
- Each entry should be an original, unpublished, single-authored essay in English.
- Every essay must clear anti-plagiarism checks & be supported by a bonafide certificate, duly signed by the Registrar / Vice-Chancellor or other Appropriate Authority.
- Entries should be formatted in Times New Roman, size 12 font, double-spaced on an A4 sheet, & carefully referenced using the OSCOLA citation style.
- Word limit: 7,000-10,000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- Submission Deadline: Midnight, June 30, 2021.
To submit your essay, click here.
For any queries, please write to email@example.com.